Ok, I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I've only had it for maybe 2-3 months. Earlier today I was on Facebook watching a video and my screen goes completely black on me. I noticed that on the black screen there was a small white "x" on the bottom corner. It tends to change from the bottom right to the bottom left and so forth. After about 5 minutes, it fixed itself. So I put in my screen password and exited out of Facebook. It worked for maybe 30 seconds and then a little battery chart popped up. It was a picture of a battery with 3 different colors but before I could read it, it closed itself. I'm not sure what it was. When it closed, it went back to the black screen with the "x". A electronical women's voice then had said something. I apologize I can't remember what it said, it was hours ago. I then went to go visit my carrier (Cricket) and the boy said he didn't know much but is thinking it's a virus. So I go home and go to the Samsung cite for tech support. I explained my situation and they believe it's a hardware situation. And I can send in my phone to get it fixed. Now, I'm WAY concerned about it because they had told me I will lose my photos and video. I have photos/videos of prom, my trip to Boston, and first time Disney/Universal trip. Soooo what I might end up doing is look for any tech around here that can help me repair my phone and HOPEFULLY save my stuff. I then was able to hold down the home, power, and volume down button and it came up as a bluegreenish screen saying something about OS blahblahblah. To click the Volume Up Button to Continue and to click the Volume Down Button to restart/reset the phone. I clicked volume down button and it just led me to the same black screen with the white "x".

Can someone PLEASE help me and know a way I can save all my videos and photos?
    06-22-2016 08:00 PM
    Hi, the black screen with the white x down the bottom sounds like some sort of pop up, which has more than likely came from some app you have downloaded.

1) back up all your media before you do anything.
    1a) you can either download Google Photos from the play store and this will back up all your data to a 'cloud' free of charge, that way you will have all your media with you even if the phone decides to stop working.
    1b) connect your phone to a laptop / pc and manually move all your media over to the computer.

2) Uninstall apps that you have installed on your phone, this is what's likely causing the issue.

3) if removing the apps you've installed doesn't work then a factory reset should resolve your issue, it'll delete everything on the phone, which is why step 1 is very important if you don't want to loose your data.

If you've got any further questions, please don't hesitate to create an account (it's free) and post a response to this thread
    Hi, the black screen with the white x down the bottom sounds like some sort of pop up, which has more than likely came from some app you have downloaded.

1) back up all your media before you do anything.
    1a) you can either download Google Photos from the play store and this will back up all your data to a 'cloud' free of charge, that way you will have all your media with you even if the phone decides to stop working.
    1b) connect your phone to a laptop / pc and manually move all your media over to the computer.

2) Uninstall apps that you have installed on your phone, this is what's likely causing the issue.

3) if removing the apps you've installed doesn't work then a factory reset should resolve your issue, it'll delete everything on the phone, which is why step 1 is very important if you don't want to loose your data.

If you've got any further questions, please don't hesitate to create an account (it's free) and post a response to this thread
    06-28-2016 06:49 AM