I've tried looking it up but I'm getting conflicting info as some say it varies by phone. Will doing a factory reset on an S4 mini delete personal files (pictures, videos etc)?
    06-23-2016 07:07 PM
    Hello. A factory reset will erase all personal files and data. A soft reset uses the hardware buttons to reboot a frozen screen.
    If you can access the screen, do a factory reset in the Backup settings.
    If you have a screen access or readability problem, then a reset in Recovery Mode is the only option usually.
    If the screen is readable and you can access the Lock screen you can try connecting to a pc.
    What Android version are you on, and what exactly is the issue.
    06-23-2016 07:31 PM
    Thanks. I've soft bricked my phone so can't get past boot loop. I tried cache wipe but that didnt work so was going to try the next one down but my pictures arent backed up. I just want to be able to download them off the phone (I don't mind buying a new phone, I just dont want to lose the pictures). It's just ones from the last month that arent saved elsewhere.
    06-24-2016 05:03 AM
    Thanks. I've soft bricked my phone so can't get past boot loop. I tried cache wipe but that didnt work so was going to try the next one down but my pictures arent backed up. I just want to be able to download them off the phone (I don't mind buying a new phone, I just dont want to lose the pictures). It's just ones from the last month that arent saved elsewhere.
    Thanks for registering.

Ask Rukbat here and read his guide, though I am not sure I have seen him for a few days (what he doesn't know is probably not worth knowing) :

[Guide] Recovering Deleted Files
    06-24-2016 07:35 AM