Droid Maxx rear facing camera only shows a pink/blue/black criss-cross pattern

A

AC Question

Model Number: Droid Maxx
Android Version: 4.4.4

Front facing camera works fine, but rear facing camera simply shows this pattern (I had to remove my link here to an imgur picture of the pattern...), varying wildly in color and position. I had this problem with my previous Droid Maxx and resolved it by clearing the Camera App cache. This one, however, is more stubborn. I tried clearing the camera app cache, reformatting to factory default, and reformatting to factory default with my simcard out and no wifi connection. I'm beginning to think hardware issues, but I didn't drop it and my previous Maxx suffered from a buggy cache. Any potential solutions?

randoanon

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I was really hoping that you would have some wizardy for me like, "Flash an older OS to your phone and it'll fix the problem." I noticed a lot of other Droid users lost camera functionality with 4.4.4 Kitkat update. When I have some downtime, I might try to flash a past OS and see if it fixes the problem. It really, really does seem like hardware, though. If it weren't for my previous phone having an identical problem rooted in software, I'd have no doubts.

Either way, thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463