Hey guys,

I really need some advice for a new work phone and I can't seem to decide between the s7, s7 edge or Nexus 6p. I need a work phone to update social media platforms and I will mainly need the camera to upload photos. The galaxy line seems tempting but I so does the Nexus or maybe wait for the new Nexus later this fall. I would like some feedback on this preferably if someone owns one or two or all 3 Lol! Which do you prefer as your daily driver? Which has a better camera? Which is best for business? Also I hear there is a lot of over sharpening on the galaxy camera(s)! Doesn't that make it a bad camera?

Thanks
    06-24-2016 04:43 PM
    I have no experience of any of those phones, but from general knowledge, and things that others say, I doubt that you will find better cameras on any Android device than the ones on those. Of course there are other devices which would be as good. Do you have a size preference? Do you like to receive the latest OS upgrades?
    06-24-2016 05:18 PM
    No size preference. I do like to receive the latest updates. I was playing around with my friends S7 Edge and I noticed the phone dialer was so laggy. Took ages to open compared to my iPhone 6S. That is my biggest concern with Galaxy Phones. My colleague has an S6 and even he is saying it's starting to lag. Is this normal? How can a phone with so much RAM still have a lot of lag?
    07-30-2016 05:02 PM
    I have a 6P, and it's terrific. Excellent camera, although Galaxy cameras are often near the top. If updates are important to you, go for the Nexus.

There are a number of reasons for lag. One notable reason is installing "RAM cleaner/optimizer" apps, which purport to make the phone faster, when in fact it often does the opposite, since they work counter to how Android is designed to work. It'd be interesting to see if your friend had any of these installed. Or a Power Saving mode might have been turned on, which can impact overall performance in order to save battery.
    07-30-2016 10:40 PM
    Yes he did have an optimizer app installed. Hmmm interesting. I like the 6P but shoud I wait for the new Nexuses released this year instead?
    07-31-2016 10:24 AM
    isnt that the age old question when it comes to tech? its always better if you wait, but if you keep waiting then youll never have anything =).

id hands down choose the samsung s7. benchmarks show it to be pretty much the fastest phone on the market.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-31-2016 11:20 AM
    Idk. The S7 is fantastic. But the 6P is so snappy and has such a clean interface paired with the latest software and a decent camera. And the 6P is also the best bang for the money. My opinion of course. Good luck deciding!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-31-2016 12:50 PM