Why is my battery life draining so quickly on my Huawei P8!

A

AC Question

I just bought a new Huawei P8 Gold and I absolutely love it! It is such a great phone. But there is a very big problem. It takes so long to charge and then it dies so fast! Is this a problem with my battery? It is my phone just getting into a cycle? This is really disappointing. I ve had this phone for three days and it drops 1% every 3 minutes!!! This is ridiculous!!! Help please!

itsjjackrobinson

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I bought the phone new from eGlobaL last Friday ship to Australia. I got it on Thursday. I am using a wallpaper from the Apple iPhones, so it's not a live wallpaper. I have no widgets whatsoever on my home screen.I usually have my brightness on pretty high so I can see my screen, I have switched auto brightness off. I have GPS off, Mobile Data is off and Bluetooth is off too. Just to show how much the percentage has dropped, I used my phone that was on 68% at 7am today, it's not 8:15am and it's on 36%.

Screen - 31%
Media server - 14%
Android System - 10%
Stan - 9%
Chrome - 9%
Android OS - 5%
Snapchat - 5%
Clash of Clans - 5%
Google Services 3%

I only have one game on the phone and I also have a micro SD card. Please help. Thanks so much! Jack

MrGyroRoboto

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Was your phone shipped from Honk Kong? If so, there's a high possibility that's it either used or a bootleg.

Before jumping to that conclusion, though, try checking if the problem is your charger. To do this, try charging another compatible device with the same charger and see how it holds up. If it drains as rapidly or doesn't fully charge, then the problem may be the charger.

If the problem is the battery you may want to buy a new one from a certified company or otherwise risk the potential of a fraudulent product.
One way to see if the battery is old is to check for any dents or inflation. Try putting it on a flat surface and spinning it. If it spins then you have an inflated battery that needs changing. (Of course your battery may still be old yet not inflated.) If you decide to buy a new battery make sure to note the differences. If the results are positive then the your former battery was a dud.

Other things you may try is lowering your brightness to less than 50%, changing your wallpaper to black, close any unused apps or tabs, clear caches and make sure your phone isn't overheated.

itsjjackrobinson

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes, my phone was shipped from Hong Kong. It came within a week and it was via DHL The box was packed like new, it had not a single scratch and it was packaged so well, all original packaging, but it did have a brochure inside the instructions manual. It was a brochure for "Wakli - No.1 Android Store for Middle East and Africa."

But one thing I am concerned about is that the back of my phone it says 0682, where as on every other phone on the internet of the same model and brand says 0197 on the back. Does that mean my phone is a fake? This is a sticker buy the way so I'm not sure if thats just the region.

It works well everywhere else but the battery. I can't open my phone as it is a full metal body. It is the same thickness all around so I don't think there is any inflation.

With a bit of research, my phone is model 2 UL00. So I'm pretty sure it's legit, but what are the chances of me having a fake phone? It was only a little cheaper. It is usually sold in Australia for abut $420 AUD, I got it for %380 AUD. Do you think this is a fake?

Is it also possible that it is just getting into a cycle? Many others have had the same problem with this phone so..

I am currently charging my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with this cable, I'll let you know the outcome of the charging. Thanks again. Wish me Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech