How can I turn off my samsung galaxy s7?

A

AC Question

The screen is frozen with the GALAXY S7 text, and whatever I do nothing happens. Can't turn it off, or on. It is getting hot, and I am worried.

MrGyroRoboto

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
"If your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge gets unresponsive or is stuck when you are trying to update an app or use some features of the device, here is how to manually restart Galaxy S7 or S7 edge.

Wait for 40 seconds or more to see if your Galaxy S7 initiates auto-reboot.
If it doesn’t happen, simply press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down key at the same time for about 7-8 seconds.
Your Galaxy S7 will vibrate, turn off and then reboot.
Everything should work as it normally does. In some cases, if the reboot was severe, your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge might boot into maintenance or safe mode. If that happens, you can use Volume keys to navigate the menu and Power button to select “Power” or “Reboot now” to restart your device in normal mode.

Remember, the above steps help you to force restart or reset Galaxy S7 or S7 edge. It doesn’t factory reset your device or affect the content of your device. For more severe issues and software lags, you can always factory reset your Galaxy S7 or S7 edge before going for professional help."