why are my apps being moved back to my phone after being moved to the SD card?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung J5 phone running Android 5.1.1 (lollipop) with 8GB internal memory + 16 GB SD card.

When i move my apps - like Facebook , to the SD card to free up space on the internal memory, I notice that after a day or so, all these apps have been automatically moved back to the device i.e. internal memory.

I have read blogs suggesting that the Android v5.1.1 is the causing for this and the apps move back to the device as the 'default' location when they update themselves.

I have been in touch with Samsung but they are clueless.

Any insight would be appreciated.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Explanation has already been given. Android has stopped officially supporting SD cards since Android 4.0, hence there will be issues when you try to move apps to SD card. Samsung is just using a legacy feature of the OS that is not supported anymore. They just didn't bother to remove the option. If you don't want the moving back to happen, you should go to Play Store settings and disable automatic updates of the apps.

surfing69

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answer - however when did "Explanation has already been given" taken place?
Apart from disabling automatic updates, is making a complaint to Samsung and/or Google going to help in anyway?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the answer - however when did "Explanation has already been given" taken place?
Apart from disabling automatic updates, is making a complaint to Samsung and/or Google going to help in anyway?
My bad. There was another query I was responding to which had the same question. Hence same answer. I just forgot to edit out the copy paste coz I was lazy. Nope making a complaint won't help. Samsung can't help because they didn't write the OS, and Google won't. Google already made a fix using adoptable storage in Android 6.0, and that's the end of it for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38