Hey guys! Recently my phone fell into the toilet and got all wet. I made a terrible mistake trying to turn it on (not knowing it might kill the phone) and when I got a red startup screen, I immediately shut it down, not letting it turn on completely. What I did the next day was cleaning the phone with 99% alcohol and then I left my phone staying like 30 something hours in a bag of rice, so that the liquid could get apsorbed completely. However, after those 30 something hours, nothing good happens. As soon as I put the battery back into the phone, the startup screen (Samsung Galaxy S I9000, not red this time) appears, without me even trying to power on the device. Trying to power it on however does nothing. The startup screen appears and disappears constantly and it is stuck at that. Is there a chance I can fix my phone myself? PLEASE HELP! My device is Samsung Galaxy S i9000, as mentioned. Thanks!
    06-26-2016 12:07 PM
    Wet phones need a very quick remedial action, and must not be turned on. Read this: [GUIDE] Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-26-2016 01:44 PM
    @belodion Mate, I've already done all that, did you read my question? I already mentioned I turned it on. I'm asking what can I do NOW?
    06-26-2016 06:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, there may not be much else you can do, considering what you've already described. Water damage can be unpredictable, widespread, and insidious. So even if things started to work again, there's a good chance problems would develop down the line as corrosion develops.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-26-2016 09:19 PM
    Wet phones need a very quick remedial action, and must not be turned on. Read this: [GUIDE] Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!
    What I meant was: Since you did NOT take very quick remedial action, and DID turn it on, I doubt that there is anything worthwhile that you can do, for the reasons explained in the linked Ambassador Guide.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-26-2016 09:28 PM
    Okay, I see. Thank you guys, appreciate it.
    belodion, Javier P and B. Diddy like this.
    06-27-2016 08:18 AM