My phone turns off (lock screen) when I turn it sideways while watching Netflix - why?

A

AC Question

I had the HTC One M8 and this past week switched to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. This weirdness has happened on both phones. On the HTC it happened mostly when it was plugged in, but it's happening constantly with the Samsung. I'm watching something on Netflix and turn it sideways because you have to, I'm being careful not to touch any buttons, and it goes to black screen as if I hit the power button. Any ideas?

thL33tn00b

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my s7 active. It has happened while using youtube, netflix, and the default camera app. This really sucks. I dont expect this from a phone that i just shelled out $700 dollars for.

enesha

May 2, 2011
Visit site
First lesson, never spend 700 for a phone heh ;)

I doubt it's the apps, since I use netflix and can rotate. Does it go black right away? If you leave your phone upright after starting a movie on netflix, does it correctly start playing widescreen, and only fails when you actually rotate? What about if you rotate on it's side the other way?

Have you changed your rotate settings at all? Have you gone to look and see if rotating is enabled for all axis?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance