I have an S7 Edge w/AT&T, out of nowhere I started getting notifications that "Game Service" has updated. About twice a day. It doesn't actually affect anything (that I know) but it's really annoying.

Is there an easy way to stop this ? (I don't know why it started). I go to the Game Service App and select "Force Stop" but it starts again and I haven't been able to uninstall it.

I turned off the Google Play notifications which didn't help.

Any ideas ?
    06-27-2016 08:04 AM
    I've got the same problem and have search high and low to stop this notification to no avail.
    06-28-2016 08:10 AM
    I have an S7 Edge w/AT&T, out of nowhere I started getting notifications that "Game Service" has updated. About twice a day. It doesn't actually affect anything (that I know) but it's really annoying.

Is there an easy way to stop this ? (I don't know why it started). I go to the Game Service App and select "Force Stop" but it starts again and I haven't been able to uninstall it.

I turned off the Google Play notifications which didn't help.

Any ideas ?

I found a fix:
    1. When the Game Services shows in your notification bar, hold onto it for a few seconds
    2. This will open up Applications for you and you'll see Game Services and the notification options it has where you can enable or disable
    3. Instead of selecting those options, click on the "i" icon to the top right for information
    4. The "i" opens up the option to Disable and Force Stop services
    5. Voila ! I hope this helps you, this worked for me.
    06-28-2016 11:56 AM