Lack of notification sound on email when it updates

A

AC Question

I've just asked this specific question about 30 mins, and someone has kindly answered, but I cannot see when to "reply to" the answer. So this is my reply here:

I have an i-mobile IQ 5.7 Android. It just says "Android version 4.3", that's all the info I have on it. It's sold in Thailand.

The app I'm asking about is just called "Email" is is not the Gmail app.
I hope this helps?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I think this is your previous thread, right?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=694721
Lack of notification sound on email when it updates

I'd recommend you to create a free account here at Android Central so you can reply in any existing thread instead of creating new ones. You'll be very welcome :)

About your issue. I've never used that particular phone so I've no idea how the stock email app works, sorry. Just in case, check if there are similar settings to the ones I mentioned. If nothing works you could try downloading the Gmail app from the Play Store and see if the problem persists.

wallet7

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that was my previous thread.
I'm not very with-it on mobile systems. I thought Android apps were all the same, but obviously not?
It's not a gmail email I'm talking about, it's my own domain. So Gmail won't help.
Any other suggestions?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for registering and welcome as a new member! Have you already tried with different sounds for the notification? Same problem? Also, are you using an SD card to save those notification tones?

I've done a little search and most what I found about this phone is on Thai, not much help from here :) Gmail can sync non-Gmail apps as well, but not sure about your particular domain.

wallet7

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your ongpoing help.

I've just tried using a different sound as per your suggestion. Still the same problem.
I have an SD card, but I wouldn't know what's where? Do I need to check?
The phone is sold in Thailand, but you can run it in whatever language you want, so I use it in English.
My domain supports imap,which is what the Email app does at the moment. I'd rather keep it than change to gmail it at all possible.