when i go to the battery screen, it says android system is accounting for 44% of the drain. its been on for 2.5 hours and i am down to 79%. any ideas?
    07-01-2016 08:18 AM
    It's possible that the new update does not handle battery management as efficiently as the older software did. What I have done to stop playing the battery game is to just keep extra chargers and cords everywhere. I have them at home, at the office, in the laptop bag AND at the shore house! I know other folks who will take steps to minimize battery usage on the phone by turning off radios while not in use like NFC, Wi-Fi, and BlueTooth, and also turning down brightness on the display.

How to fix Galaxy S7 battery life problems | Android Central

Tips for Extending the Life of Your Smartphone Battery | Tech Life - Samsung
    Try first the simplest attempted fix, a Power Off and Restart.
    07-01-2016 08:28 AM
    yes, that was the first thing i have tried. i also tried the wiping the cache partition and turning off gps, etc.
    07-01-2016 08:37 AM
    Also give it a few days ALWAYS after an update there is a settling in period, the update itself is a drain, plus usually RIGHT after a major update apps get updated too and those downloading from the Play store cause drain. Give it a few days, if you KEEP having bad battery drain after say a week, THEN start to worry.
    07-01-2016 10:24 AM
    it has been over 2 weeks. update was 6/14.
    07-01-2016 12:13 PM
    It's possible that the new update does not handle battery management as efficiently as the older software did. What I have done to stop playing the battery game is to just keep extra chargers and cords everywhere. I have them at home, at the office, in the laptop bag AND at the shore house! I know other folks who will take steps to minimize battery usage on the phone by turning off radios while not in use like NFC, Wi-Fi, and BlueTooth, and also turning down brightness on the display.

How to fix Galaxy S7 battery life problems | Android Central

Tips for Extending the Life of Your Smartphone Battery | Tech Life - Samsung
    07-01-2016 12:24 PM