Phone dead after using Dr Fone?

A

AC Question

Broke my screen so downloaded Dr Fone. Managed boot into download mode to get Dr Fone to find a load of stuff but then realised it was £50 to buy a software license to retrieve it.

Decided easiest way was to buy a HMDI adaptor and plug into TV.

BUT, now even when plugged in to charger with charged battery there is nothing when I try to power on. No lights.

Has Dr Fone done something to cause this? Very naughty if they have.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, doubt it - what happened to the phone for you to break the screen? is it possible that you damaged the internals too?

I tend to agree, Dr. Fone is just software, a recovery utility app. When there's some issue like no LED activity at all when you tried to turn your phone on, that's more an indicator there's an internal hardware issue (especially when taking into consideration there's an already damaged screen).

If anything, depending on the make/model this can be a simple or very, very involved process, try removing the back, disassemble as much of your phone as you're comfortable doing (the ifixit.com site has some really good repair guides for a large number of phone models), and re-seat whatever ribbon cables and connectors you have access to. Now try to power on your phone and if you can at least get it to the point where you here the normal start-up sounds then maybe you'll be able to get view your phone through that HDMI/TV set up.
Fingers-crossed and good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm