I recently updated the software like everyone else did this past week on my Samsung S6 Edge +.

I'm on ATT and noticed the icon below video call and used it when trying to call someone. It didn't work when I tried calling my sister who has an IPhone so I figured it'd have to be used with another Android user and still no luck ?

What exactly is this for and how is it used? TIA

07-01-2016 10:02 PM
    Didn't realize that Att had that feature, but it only works samsung to samsung right now if I'm not mistaken. The S6 and S7 I think are the only ones that are capable.

Posted from my S7 Edge via the Android Central App
    07-01-2016 10:40 PM
    Thank you for your reply but I have a friend who has a Note 5 with the same icon and when we called one it was just a simple phone call ??
    07-01-2016 10:49 PM
    Sorry, I forgot about the note 5. Typically if the other person is capable of a video call the icon turns green. If it goes straight to a voice call, that person either is not capable or your connection won't support it. With t-mobile you must have a 4Glte connection to get through.

07-01-2016 10:55 PM
    Just an example. Not sure if it helps any.

Attached Thumbnails Video Call ?-5190.jpg  
    07-01-2016 10:57 PM
    Thank you Mr Spencer

The friend that I did call have that video camera as green if my memory serves me correctly. We were at a bar drinking so I may be wrong haaaa ?!?!

I'll need to ask him or try calling him again later to see but I'm pretty certain it was ugh ? Thanks again.
    07-02-2016 07:12 AM
    I'm on T-Mobile and I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and dad happened to have the Lg k7 cheep Android phone with metro pcs, so I decided to try video calling him expecting it to not work and to my surprise the video call worked! But My cousin has the note 5 with At&t he got the update and we tried calling each other and it won't go through as a video call. My brother has the note 4 with T-Mobile and it worked so I'm thinking may be At&t limited it to work only within their network where the other companies allow it to work across platforms. Not to bash At&t but they also disable features from Samsung phones like simple share, and wifi sharing so I wouldn't be surprised if they messed something up with this.
    omgitselaine likes this.
    07-06-2016 03:45 AM
    Appreciate this. I have been a loyal AT&T, android user, currently on a samsung galaxy s6, and have waited patiently to be able to seamlessly video call my family - also on AT&T - but they're using iPhones. Has that day finally arrived? Thanks.
    07-20-2016 02:15 PM
    You all COULD just use Google Hangouts or Skype! (or BBM, Facebook or Whatsapp)
    07-20-2016 02:30 PM