Hi forum. Not a lot I can say except I am stuck and a bit paranoid about a TV stick I bought.

This is the stick I got from Amazon UK.

I don't care about streaming movies etc. what I do care about is it being able to work as an Android device and interface with my touch panel monitor, but there is a list of problems before I even get to the touch panel.

To start with I cannot get sound from it, so I had a look. When I say I had a look, what I mean is; it arrived Monday morning and I worked on it until Thursday night non stop with no sleep.

I have been through all the settings I can see including changing the audio from default to HDMI.

It will not allow me to flash it with any of the 13 images I downloaded for it.

I rooted it, but get no dev functionality. I installed root apps, no joy.

I opened it up to short the NAND and there is a heatsink glued on top of all the chips.

Mobo: G809.

About Device:

Model: HX_3188
    Android: 4.4.4
    Kernel: 3.10.0 / ren@gxt #623
    Build: HX_3188-eng 4.4.4 KYU84Q eng.ren.20160419.083819 test-keys
    Vendor Version: RK3188_R-BOX_ANDROID4.4-SDK_V1.0.0

I am new to Android boxes, but not new to flashing etc. When I try and flash I get a chip error. It could be something obvious that a box newbie would miss.

Aside from no sound and me being unable to flash it, it is a good box. It is fast, I thought at first it was slower at certain apps than my Pi -obviously I was limited to what I could test between the two, but then realised it was only slower on the first run and is quite speedy.

So, the question is ... am I going to be returning this, or have I missed something?
    07-02-2016 11:29 AM