Why cant i move apps to my SD card? My phone is a LG k10

A

AC Question

This phone has the dual sim cards 16 gb internal and 32 gd external. When i go to settings/ apps. When i select app that i want to move, it says tap move button, but it dont the button.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Some versions of Android do not allow apps to be moved.
Some apps do not allow themselves to be moved.
Any time you do an update to a moved app, the install program will move it back to the internal memory.

Just As I Am

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
After doing a lot of research on this, I have determined that this is NOT a problem with the LG phone. My friend has a Samsung J7 and has the exact same problem.

The problem is with Android v6.0.1.

Why can't Google just fix this problem. How do I downgrade to 6.0 so this problem goes away?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Bear in mind that only part of the app gets moved to the card, the guts of it stays in the device! So you end up with fragmented application, trying to work from two places at once. And if the designer of the app writes the code not allowing the app to be moved, then it has nothing to do with Google, Samsung, LG or anyone else like Pugs and joe said. It's best to leave apps where they are designed to be and move files like photos and videos instead if you are running out of storage.

Just As I Am

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
That might very well be so, but most apps that I have found work perfectly fine being moved to the SD card, and it saves a substantial amount of space on the main memory of our phones. Some of us cannot afford to purchase phones with 32+GB of main memory, especially when the OS takes over 5GB now. So, moving apps to the external SD card is our only realistic option.

When Google removed that option in 6.0.1, it all but made my phone useless.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Actually Google removed that option back in Android 4.0. Manufacturers like Samsung and LG just kept on adding it back in behind Google's back. And Google just continued developing as if microSD doesn't exist. Google eventually relented and allowed microSD adopted storage, but you'll have to enable that and it comes with a whole list of caveats.

Google can't control how manufacturers make low memory devices to sell at cheaper prices or how they add a lot of stuff causing increased ROM size. I'd suggest that next time, just save up for a phone with bigger memory, or learn how to activate adoptable storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty