I downloaded Kies, as it said to do in the manual, so I could move some music from my laptop to phone. I downloaded Kies3 because I've got Android version 5.0.2 (on model SM-A500W) Watched the tutorials but what I have is nothing compared to the demo, only a very minimal interface.

I downloaded it from the Samsung site, wondering if I should have just used Kies and not Kies3, even though it recommended for version over 4.

Desperately new user here, grateful for any advice, thanks.
    07-02-2016 05:07 PM
    Hello.

Kies should advise which version it wants to download when you connect the device via usb.

I don't know which tutorials you've seen.

It's been 18 months since I last used Kies for a Note 3, but even then it urged me to change to the Samsung Smart Switch program instead (for pc - not the app).

Smart Switch doesn't have as much sync options for just transferring different media files, iirc, but it is good for backups and a few other things.

You can just drag and drop music files across to the device as either of these programs will install the correct drivers.

Once you drop music files into device storage (you don't need a location), it will take a reboot or two and a little patience for the Android Media Scanner to locate the music.
    Depending on the type of music file, you may need to find a music player that works with those files. Samsung's My Music? app was able to play my ripped CD's (yes I'm old), but I'm not sure if they stopped supplying that app.
    On my newish Motorola I found Rocket Player could play my WMA/WAV files, though I broke that device so cannot check what files they are.
    07-02-2016 05:37 PM