Hi,
    I have set sd card as default location for my photos from camera settings, but every time I take a photo, it still goes to camera storage and they can't be found from sd card unless I move them afterwards. When I check the settings from camera it shows that the default location is be sd card instead camera. How could I get the camera to save the images and videos to sd card automatically?
    Best,
    Janne
    07-03-2016 04:12 AM
    Hi,
    I have set sd card as default location for my photos from camera settings, but every time I take a photo, it still goes to camera storage and they can't be found from sd card unless I move them afterwards. When I check the settings from camera it shows that the default location is be sd card instead camera. How could I get the camera to save the images and videos to sd card automatically?
    Best,
    Janne
    Hello.

Trying to understand what's happening.
    The sd card is recognised and working then. (try the SD Insight app anyway, or the SanDisk app if their brand).
    Have you used it in other devices. Does it have storage.
    Have you tried to Format it in Settings (wipes data).

Are you sure you are viewing the photos from the device. Are you viewing all in Gallery.

Can you install Samsung Kies or Samsung Smart Switch on a pc and view the DCIM folders of the device storage and sd card drive.

There may well be an issue with the software.
    07-03-2016 07:10 AM
    Hi and thank you for your reply,
    The SD card does have a storage and I can move all the images into it afterwards, but I can't make the phone to save them into it by default. I viewed DCIM folders and found the images from there. I noticed that the images were saved into a phone's storage after I got message that there was not enough space for software updates. Moving files into SD card freed over 2gb space from phone, so the files actually got moved into SD-card. I can also move al the files into SD card via phone's UI, but not get the photos saved into SD card's storage automatically.
    Best, Janne
    sfoLAX likes this.
    07-03-2016 08:11 AM
    Thanks for registering.

Yeh, that's an odd one. It must be configured like that.
    Someone else may have an explanation. At least you can do it manually.

Afaik, some limited storage is allocated for apps on some devices (eg some HTC"s) even though there is plenty of media space. My backup Moto G1 uses all available storage storage, as probably in your case.
    If you "moved" some apps to sd card, you may notice with an app update they can be moved back to device storage.

No. Can't figure that out, but I'm no code writing / app developing Genius, just a regular one
    What card and speed do you use.

Try checking the card with the SD Insight app.

Someone else should be able to help further later.
    07-03-2016 09:08 AM