Hi! I am in deep s... because while checking the security functions my google account offers I accidentally locked my phone. When I try to turn it on now, it asks for my pin for the sim card which I enter correctly and then it goes to a "this phone is lost" screen that allows me to enter a 16-digit password which I simply don't know. I have tried many options and none has worked. So while I was trying to make my phone more "secured" I have made it unusable! Please, if someone has a suggestion to unlock it let me know. Google hasn't responded to my posts. In the meantime I can't use my phone and it is very distressing. My phone is a Galaxy A3 and I use my google account both on my phone and on my iBook. Right now I try to figure out a solution using my iBook. Thank you!
    07-03-2016 04:27 AM
    Hello. Not sure I fully understand what happened, but your current options are a factory reset in Recovery Mode with the buttons (the most drastic) which will wipe your data unless you saved some to your Google / Photos / Samsung accounts or a pc - though once factory fresh after the reset Factory Reset Protection means you have to input your original Google/Gmail address and password to enable it or you are stil locked out.

Try Samsung's Find my Mobile which has helped more than Google's Android Device Manager recently. You can set a new lock code with either, but Find my Mobile on a browser has been more successful.

www.google.com/android/devicemanager - Lock doesn't allow the new lock pin for many.
    07-03-2016 07:03 AM