I've had the GS5 for more than a year now and already had it sent in for repair under warranty for the "dead screen" thing and it was working great for the last 6 mos. It was sent to Samsung and they "changed components." Last night however, I decided to put the phone into "ultra power save mode" because I needed the phone to last for I didn't know how many possible days at the time. The phone reset itself 4 times after doing so. The phone did not make it out of the "samsung screen" after making its noise/sound before it reset again. So I just opened the back as it was resetting for the 5th time and popped the battery. Waited a bit, put it back in, and it started up no problem. I then again put it into power save mode, set an alarm for the morning and left it on the table. No problems. I put it into power save mode at 38% battery. 10am the alarm doesn't go off. The phone is dead(does not turn on, buttons do nothing). I luckily get to a cord today and plug it in and the red charging light does not come on. I tried a different charged battery. Nothing. I try a different cord. Nothing. Pull the battery press the power key for 1min, smack the power button, whatever on whatever youtube video for charging/ power issues, I have done. The phone will not charge/power up. My phone is NOT rooted. Running ver 5.1.1. I did not drop it. The last app I downloaded was the "Go Security/ applock" app and did a sweep/clean a few days ago. I only download apps from the play store.
    Is It software? Hardware? What happened to my phone!? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much for reading. P.S. I am currently off warranty now. Of Course.
    07-03-2016 07:59 PM
    Hi, it's really hard to tell what has failed with the battery, especially if it has been repaired previously. It might be worth while buying a new battery for the phone, just so you can eliminate that as being the cause, but your next step would be to take the phone to a repair shop and have someone look at it.
    07-05-2016 05:18 AM