Can I get away with just new battery or do I need a new phone

A

AC Question

About half an hour ago I dropped my phone on the floor (on the carpet to be specific) and I tought "Meh it's a CAT it will be fine" i noticd it powered off (somnething that happens pretty often when I drop it - which happens even more often) and powered it back on. Since the micro usb cable gets detached pretty easy I also noticed that each time the ringtone for ejected usb on my PC triggers the phone powers off. I opened the phone to check is the battery in place (had an unusually harder time opening it compared to previous times) removed the battery and saw thisimgur.com/N9ckghv & imgur.com/7LdyfdR - low quality but you should get a basic idea of what happened <notify me if the links are dead cause Im not used to uploading anything>. its 05:45 am so I had to use whisky to clean the insides with cotton because I ran out of alcohol and wraped the battery in plastic ASAP. I have no other batteries around so I can't test is the phone working as intented with the corrosion. A ssaid in the title do i need just a new battery or i should go back to my phone from 2004 :D

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If the corrosion hasn't escaped battery compartment you should be ok. Hard to tell from pictures. Make sure you clean all the corrosion out. For lead acid battery corrosion soda ash (baking soda/Sodium carbonate) is best for neutralizing it..... I have no idea on Lithium based batteries.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac