Huawei P8 uses too much RAM

A

AC Question

My Huawei P8 used to, when running 10+ apps, use only about 1.4GB of RAM. Now, the longer the phone stays on, the more RAM it uses. Today, for example, after running for only about 8 hours, usage is up to 2.4GB, with only 2 applications open. It's like the RAM doesn't clear when an app is closed. This becomes an issue if I don't restart twice a day.

I don't know whether this is at all relevant, but the onset of the problem coincided with me changing service providers. The moment I inserted the SIM, a bunch of settings were changed, and background processes were updated (I tapped "Accept" without reading the terms.).

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well it's possible the new provider installed some bloatware, such as a mobile "tool" app. Think Verizon Mobile, or the T-Mobile app. Both connect to a server and monitor your usage. While these apps CAN be helpful, they also use data, and system resources and are often best disabled IF possible! On some phones the T-Mobile app is particularly bad and in those cases I recommend using a web shortcut to the T-Mobile webpage (myaccount) which is almost as useful. :) (that's IF it's T-Mobile)