My Huawei P8 used to, when running 10+ apps, use only about 1.4GB of RAM. Now, the longer the phone stays on, the more RAM it uses. Today, for example, after running for only about 8 hours, usage is up to 2.4GB, with only 2 applications open. It's like the RAM doesn't clear when an app is closed. This becomes an issue if I don't restart twice a day.

I don't know whether this is at all relevant, but the onset of the problem coincided with me changing service providers. The moment I inserted the SIM, a bunch of settings were changed, and background processes were updated (I tapped "Accept" without reading the terms.).
    07-05-2016 09:53 AM
    Read Multitasking the Android Way. This is Android, not Windows - it's supposed to be using as much RAM as it can.
    Well it's possible the new provider installed some bloatware, such as a mobile "tool" app. Think Verizon Mobile, or the T-Mobile app. Both connect to a server and monitor your usage. While these apps CAN be helpful, they also use data, and system resources and are often best disabled IF possible! On some phones the T-Mobile app is particularly bad and in those cases I recommend using a web shortcut to the T-Mobile webpage (myaccount) which is almost as useful. (that's IF it's T-Mobile)
    07-05-2016 10:06 AM
    Read Multitasking the Android Way. This is Android, not Windows - it's supposed to be using as much RAM as it can.
    pkcable and B. Diddy like this.
    07-05-2016 11:30 AM