Somehow I have managed to switch on Talkback. Every time I touch a key I get a description of the key but no other action. If I double tap a key occasionally it responds as it would normally after a single tap. Apart from driving me insane it makes controlling the phone nigh on impossible.

After many attempts, much anger and some muttered unpleasantries I was ale to get back to the "Settings Screen" but I was unable to get to the "Accessibility Screen" as I cannot see any way to make the screen scroll down to the required point in the list.

Can anyone please explain how I can remove Talkback?
    07-05-2016 12:26 PM
    Welcome to the forums. You need to scroll with two fingers at the same time to navigate through the settings. I find that using both thumbs makes things easier. Don't forget to 'double tap' to select the different options. Tell us how it goes.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-05-2016 12:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! And after you've turned it off, you can also completely Disable it by going to the App Manager, selecting TalkBack, and tapping Disable.
    07-05-2016 03:23 PM
    I seem to have this same issue. I went to the app manager to disable the talkback but I don't find talkback in the list of apps. I took your advice on the double finger screen swipe and that helped me navigate the screens but I can't get the phone to stop talking every time I touch the screen. All my sounds/notifications seem to be off also. Help This is a galaxy s6 phone btw
    09-29-2016 01:37 AM
    I seem to have this same issue. I went to the app manager to disable the talkback but I don't find talkback in the list of apps. I took your advice on the double finger screen swipe and that helped me navigate the screens but I can't get the phone to stop talking every time I touch the screen. All my sounds/notifications seem to be off also. Help ������ This is a galaxy s6 phone btw
    I had this problem with my S5 today. What a nightmare! When you use the double-finger swipe and the double tap and manage to open Accessibility, then open Vision. Your fingers have to apply exactly the right pressure and speed for double tapping, so good luck!
    Once you get TalkBack settings open, there are instructions to tap the slider till it's outlined in green, then double tap to open the confirmation and double tap OK. It only took me an hour of tapping to get this to work!! I hope this helps some future victims of TalkBack.
    01-06-2017 07:25 PM