I have been unable to save new contacts. I have tried to save from the telephone log and I have tried to enter directly in the contacts. It will look like they are saved, but then the name disappears, and I am left only with the number.
    07-05-2016 12:38 PM
    The contact app different on every Android phone because it's created by the phone manufacturer. To figure out what's wrong you'll probably need help specific to your phone. What kind of phone do you have?

Without knowing what phone it is, the only suggestion I can make is to see where you are saving the contact. For example are you saving it to local storage on the phone, or saving it to your Google account? But either way, it shouldn't be disappearing.
    sfoLAX and B. Diddy like this.
    07-05-2016 01:22 PM
    The contact app different on every Android phone because it's created by the phone manufacturer. To figure out what's wrong you'll probably need help specific to your phone. What kind of phone do you have?

Without knowing what phone it is, the only suggestion I can make is to see where you are saving the contact. For example are you saving it to local storage on the phone, or saving it to your Google account? But either way, it shouldn't be disappearing.
    Good response usually, and it can be infuriating, but in this case you missed the device in the Thread title, or it was edited late.

OP : Samsung's, as jean paul would tell you annoyingly have Device contacts, Samsung Contacts, Google Contacts and sim contacts.

Best to make them all Google Contacts so they will be easily recoverable.

Try Contacts - menu / 3 dots - Contacts to Display. If you made them all non Google (?) there is usually a facility to Merge with other Contact locations, or export.

If you are starting fresh, I would avail of a pc browser if you can, and with your Google account enter them here:

https://contacts.google.com

They will then sync to your Samsung device.
    jean15paul and B. Diddy like this.
    07-05-2016 01:35 PM
    Good response usually, and it can be infuriating, but in this case you missed the device in the Thread title, or it was edited late.

OP : Samsung's, as jean paul would tell you annoyingly have Device contacts, Samsung Contacts, Google Contacts and sim contacts.

Best to make them all Google Contacts so they will be easily recoverable.

Try Contacts - menu / 3 dots - Contacts to Display. If you made them all non Google (?) there is usually a facility to Merge with other Contact locations, or export.

If you are starting fresh, I would avail of a pc browser if you can, and with your Google account enter them here:

https://contacts.google.com

They will then sync to your Samsung device.
    Good advice all around. And yes. I guess I missed the phone in the title. Thanks.
    sfoLAX and B. Diddy like this.
    07-05-2016 02:12 PM
    To the original poster. Did any of this help you? Also, I forgot to say Welcome to Android Central! This is the best and most helpful Android Community on the internet. I hope this works for you.
    sfoLAX likes this.
    07-07-2016 03:07 PM