Help please

I would like to retrieve my contacts but I have the following problem. I have changed provider and have now a new sim card. I do have the old one where they should be if lucky but is my old sim ok as it has been 3 weeks since I changed providers.
    Or is 02 able to help me as my account was with them.
    Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have a new phone so that is another prob I sold my old one.
    Thanks
    Veronique
    07-06-2016 08:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you recall how you had saved all of your contacts before? Hopefully, they were saved to your Google account, because then they get synced automatically to your Google Contacts in the cloud--this is why I always recommend saving contacts to Google, not the local Phone account (which doesn't sync anywhere automatically). On your computer browser, go to contacts.google.com, and see if your contacts are there.

Most modern phones don't save contacts to the SIM card any more. If you save a contact to the local Phone account (instead of your Google account), they get saved to a local system directory (in an SQLite database, so not in a file format that is easy to transfer).
    07-06-2016 02:08 PM