Have to switch to iPhone from my beloved Moto G, any tips?

A

AC Question

So Pokemon Go is to blame for all of this. And a crappy charger.

So my dad got me a Moto G with only 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB storage, and he doesn't want me to buy a new phone just for more RAM since Pokemon Go requires 2 GB.

My aunt is getting rid of her iPhone 5c and I'm tempted to make a temporary switch, until I finish my first year of college and make enough money to buy a really good phone on my own, preferably a Nexus.

I really love everything about Android, the appearance, the OS, the functionality, the Google integration, the widgets, the freaking back button, the freedom and customization options. The only reason I'm getting the iPhone is because of Pokemon GO, and it looks like it should work on the 5c even though that only has 1GB of RAM, because you know, iOS is special.

I really dislike iOS, I hate the iPhone, but I'm willing to put up with it for this stupid game. Are there any things I can do to make my temporary iOS situation similar to my Android experience?

I'm definitely getting all of the Google apps to replace the stock Apple apps, and most of my current apps are on the app store, save for a few very niche games which I can live without. I've never had a very fancy Android phone so I can live without wireless charging and touch to pay and all of the other rich-people things. Anything else I should beware of when switching? Or is Pokemon not worth it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke