I only need a cell phone for making and receiving phone calls . . . no texts, no smart capabilities, no camera, no gaming, etc.

However, I was taken in by PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Award for the BLU Life One X, and thought, why not have all of the glitz and glamor for just $149? Big mistake!

With the volume up all the way, I can barely hear a phone call with the phone pressed to my ear, and the rear-facing speaker is absolutely horrible, very tinny/garbled sounding. The BLU Life One X fails with either option, the main reason for having a cell phone in the first place.

Adding insult to injury, the provided case, when folded back to use the phone, actually covers the rear speaker, muffling the already bad sound. I don't know what the designers were thinking.

Anyway, can anyone recommend an unlocked cell phone that is near landline quality in terms of volume, tone, clarity, etc.
    07-07-2016 02:58 PM
    I only need a cell phone for making and receiving phone calls . . . no texts, no smart capabilities, no camera, no gaming, etc.

However, I was taken in by PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Award for the BLU Life One X, and thought, why not have all of the glitz and glamor for just $149? Big mistake!

With the volume up all the way, I can barely hear a phone call with the phone pressed to my ear, and the rear-facing speaker is absolutely horrible, very tinny/garbled sounding. The BLU Life One X fails with either option, the main reason for having a cell phone in the first place.

Adding insult to injury, the provided case, when folded back to use the phone, actually covers the rear speaker, muffling the already bad sound. I don't know what the designers were thinking.

Anyway, can anyone recommend an unlocked cell phone that is near landline quality in terms of volume, tone, clarity, etc.
    Moto X Pure Edition gets my vote.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2016 11:46 PM
    Nexus 6
    Nexus 6P
    Moto XPE
    Alcatel idol 3

All the phones I listed have loud high quality front speakers. The idol 3 is a good option if you just want to make and receive calls and need good call quality and loud front speakers. The 4.7" idol 3 is $149 and the 5.5" is $199.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2016 12:40 AM