What unlocked cell phones have an excellent front speaker(s)?

A

AC Question

I only need a cell phone for making and receiving phone calls . . . no texts, no smart capabilities, no camera, no gaming, etc.

However, I was taken in by PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Award for the BLU Life One X, and thought, why not have all of the glitz and glamor for just $149? Big mistake!

With the volume up all the way, I can barely hear a phone call with the phone pressed to my ear, and the rear-facing speaker is absolutely horrible, very tinny/garbled sounding. The BLU Life One X fails with either option, the main reason for having a cell phone in the first place.

Adding insult to injury, the provided case, when folded back to use the phone, actually covers the rear speaker, muffling the already bad sound. I don't know what the designers were thinking.

Anyway, can anyone recommend an unlocked cell phone that is near landline quality in terms of volume, tone, clarity, etc.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I only need a cell phone for making and receiving phone calls . . . no texts, no smart capabilities, no camera, no gaming, etc.

However, I was taken in by PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Award for the BLU Life One X, and thought, why not have all of the glitz and glamor for just $149? Big mistake!

With the volume up all the way, I can barely hear a phone call with the phone pressed to my ear, and the rear-facing speaker is absolutely horrible, very tinny/garbled sounding. The BLU Life One X fails with either option, the main reason for having a cell phone in the first place.

Adding insult to injury, the provided case, when folded back to use the phone, actually covers the rear speaker, muffling the already bad sound. I don't know what the designers were thinking.

Anyway, can anyone recommend an unlocked cell phone that is near landline quality in terms of volume, tone, clarity, etc.

Moto X Pure Edition gets my vote.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 6
Nexus 6P
Moto XPE
Alcatel idol 3

All the phones I listed have loud high quality front speakers. The idol 3 is a good option if you just want to make and receive calls and need good call quality and loud front speakers. The 4.7" idol 3 is $149 and the 5.5" is $199.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar