Hi folks! I have a galaxy s5. I have a question regarding the phone's data.

I use the wifi at my workplace. My Employer gives me free WiFi. I put the router's password in my galaxy s5 and the galaxy connects automatically. My questions to you guys are:

a) Can my Employer view the WiFi data that is going in and out of my phone?
    b) Can he access my pictures / videos / contacts just because my phone is automatically connected to the WiFi all the time?
    c) I have a yahoo mail app on my phone where i am permanently logged into yahoo. Could he gain access to my emails?
    d) Is there a way where i could still use the wifi at work and at the same time stop him from accessing wifi data that is leaving and coming to my phone?

My main concern right now is if they could have accessed my yahoomail. Is it very easy for them to have done that? All replies are appreciated.

Thank you for the help!
    07-07-2016 05:24 PM
    a) Can my Employer view the WiFi data that is going in and out of my phone?
    Yes, and legally too. It's his equipment, so he can view anything passing through it. (He can also legally read your emails, listen to your phone calls, etc.)

b) Can he access my pictures / videos / contacts just because my phone is automatically connected to the WiFi all the time?
    Yes - same reason. He can't violate your copyright, though. (IOW, he can have a copy of the picture - he can't publish it.)

c) I have a yahoo mail app on my phone where i am permanently logged into yahoo. Could he gain access to my emails?
    Through his router? Yes. Via mobile data? No.

d) Is there a way where i could still use the wifi at work and at the same time stop him from accessing wifi data that is leaving and coming to my phone?
    Encryption. (The person on the other end would have to be using the same kind of encryption and know your external password.)

My main concern right now is if they could have accessed my yahoomail. Is it very easy for them to have done that? All replies are appreciated.
    Anything going through his router is his property, and it's trivial to access it. So don't make comments about the company or the boss on anything he can access.
    07-08-2016 02:30 PM