I had previously been told that you could go to the bluetooth profile for connected devices and select media audio and/or phone audio for each device. However, I went into a Verizon store to check out a Galaxy S7 and connected by bluetooth device to it. I made a phone call to my regular phone and then opened Google Maps. When I started to get directions, the map audio came through the bluetooth, which is what I want to avoid. When my bluetooth was connected, the only option it showed was phone audio and there was no option to turn off media audio.

Any way to fix this? I'm planning to jump from iOS to Android but the ability to select phone audio only for bluetooth devices is the main reason for that.
    07-07-2016 05:34 PM
    On a Nexus 6P, I have those options with both of my headsets (see screenshots). The S11 is a stereo headset that can work for both music and phone calls, the Plantronics I use as just a phone headset but it can be used for media also (I leave that disabled in the PLT app).

When I disabled the media audio on the Plantronics headset it reverted to just phone call capability and directions didn't go through the headset but with media enabled the map directions went through the headset.

When I did the same test with the S11, with media disabled it disconnected the headset and didn't reconnect until I re-enabled the media option. This may be a limitation of that particular headset.

Can bluetooth devices be set to phone only?-screenshot-jul-7-2016-8-08-43-pm-.jpg

Can bluetooth devices be set to phone only?-screenshot_20160707-200655.jpg
    jasong879 likes this.
    07-07-2016 07:19 PM
    Thanks for that info and the screen shots. That's exactly what I'm looking for but looks pretty different from what I saw on the Galaxy S7. I attached a photo of what I saw on the Galaxy S7. Should all Android devices have the capability to customize the bluetooth profile? Maybe the Galaxy S7 can't do it?

Can bluetooth devices be set to phone only?-img_1627.jpg
    07-07-2016 08:14 PM
    What you may need, that I have on my phone, is the PLT hub app. That allows me to adjust settings like that on the headset. In fact, with that option turned off in the app (which adjusts settings on the headset itself) I lose the media audio option in the settings.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-07-2016 08:50 PM
    I will check that out, thanks!

Also connect the Bluetooth to my car audio and the same thing happens. I don't stream music and only use Bluetooth for phone calls, so it's annoying that all audio defaults to Bluetooth when I get a call.
    07-07-2016 09:05 PM