Whenever I try to use the internet on my Galaxy S5, a page pops up from warning.google.com-virus.... tell me I've got 13 infections and should press the button to remove the virus. Of course, this is the last thing I'm going to do. But I cannot get rid of this hi-jacking. I've turned the phone off and back on again, I've installed AVG anti-viruse from the Google store, but I've still got it. Can anyone help?
    07-08-2016 05:58 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Are you using the stock browser or a different one, like Chrome? You could try clearing data for that browser in settings - apps and then restart. See if it helps and tell us how it goes.
    07-08-2016 06:31 PM
    Install Malwarebytes, update it, and have it scan the phone. Have it fix whatever it finds.

If that doesn't work, back up all you data, turn off Playstore auto-updates, and factory reset your phone. Test your browser after the reset, and if good, reinstall your apps one by one, testing as you go in case it was an app that gave you the infection. Sure, a factory reset is a major hassle, but better than living with what you have right now.
    Rukbat likes this.
    07-08-2016 06:34 PM
    If you are using uc browser just delete it.
    07-08-2016 08:02 PM
    I'm using the standard browser that came with the phone. I tried clearing data, I even tried removing the internet app (but it just re-appears on another page).
    07-09-2016 03:08 AM
    I'm using the standard browser that came with the phone. I tried clearing data, I even tried removing the internet app (but it just re-appears on another page).
    Thanks for signing up! You mean that you still get the pop-up even using a different browser, right? You could try booting into safe mode and see if you still get it.

Have you already tried Nahoku's ideas?
    07-09-2016 09:42 AM
    So this is what I've done. First I just connected my Galaxy (incidentally, it's a Note 4, not S5) by USB to my PC and in Windows Explorer I just copied the entire phone file structure and contents. I also did a complete backup using Kies 3. I then did a factory reset and Google restored all the apps bit no data files. I now tried to copy these back from my PC but the device can't now connect by USB. I get a message 'The connected device is unable to access data on this device. Reconnect the USB cable and try again". I've done this several times to no avail.
    07-10-2016 12:57 PM
    Found - followed the suggestion:

Go into Devices and Printers on your windows PC >>> Right click your Note 4 >>> Properties >>> Hardware >>> Properties >>> Change settings >>> Driver >>> Uninstall. >>>>> Done >>>> Then unplug the Note 4 and replug

....and it now connects.
    07-10-2016 03:30 PM
    So, is your phone ok now? No more pages popping up?
    07-11-2016 04:40 AM
    Seems to be OK. The main issue is resolved - no malware page hijacking the browser. However, in getting to this point, I'm painfully discovering that backup and recovery isn't all it's cracked up to be. Google seemed to recover my apps but no data. Kies 3 backed up data (contacts, photos, music) but no apps. Once I'd got USB connectivity working again, I just copied back all the files I'd copied to my PC using Windows Explorer. But even my carefully place app icons are all over the place, and I've lost my Whatsapp history. Doubtless I'll find more anomalies as I gradually re-use more apps and features.
    07-11-2016 12:47 PM
    Hmmmm. It seemed I got caught again. I was looking at Accuweather checking the weather for my location and scrolling down there was "Alert --->" which I assumed was a weather warning. This caused a pop-up looking ominously like the one I had before but this time supposedly from Tesco (big supermarket chain for non-UK readers) telling me I'd been selected for a survey and to press "OK" to get a chance to win £500. Presumably pressing OK will unleash all sorts of viral mayhem. The point is this seems to have avoided Malwarebytes and AVG antivirus, both of which I've got running, and now my browser (Google) has been hijacked again. I tried turning the phone off and then on again and it was still there. I thought I would have to go through the factory reset and restore procedure that I went through a week ago. However, I tried overtyping the URL with something innocuous (BBC - Homepage), I got a msg from the malware saying 'congratulations you've been selected' and it seems to have left me alone...for now. Does this bode ill? I can resume Google/internet again, and am still getting no warning squawks from Malwarebytes or AVG. Is my phone particularly susceptible to these scam malware pop-up's?
    07-17-2016 05:03 PM
    Gotta be an app you installed. Stuff like this doesn't come in on a browser unless you're visiting very suspect websites.

You might need to do this if you didn't follow this the first time...
    If that doesn't work, back up all you data, turn off Playstore auto-updates, and factory reset your phone. Test your browser after the reset, and if good, reinstall your apps one by one, testing as you go in case it was an app that gave you the infection.
    07-18-2016 05:07 AM