Sound questions: My volume keeps turning back on after I've set it to vibrate, and more...

A

AC Question

1. I'm not exactly sure when this happens, but I think it only affects the ringer volume. I thought this might be a problem with smart settings, but anything affecting sound is switched to off. My goal is to have the volume down button, taken to bottom extreme, cause the phone to become silent with vibrate on for calls and notifications - and stay that way until "I" set it back up for sound. (In other words - after turning the volume all the way down with the vol down button - no surprise loud blaring video commercials in the middle of ad supported games that already have the sound set to 0, for example)
2. Mine is a T-mo 811 and if I ever reboot the phone without turning the volume off first, the t-mo splash screen comes on with the loudest jingle sound you've ever heard. You can imagine how this goes over if you're in the back row of a class or a group meeting and you need to reboot to solve a wifi issue or something.
3. And finally, this may be impossible, but is there any way to set it so the volume buttons work without having to unlock the phone first? (not the app launch double taps - just the actual volume)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc