Hi,

since my upgrade to a Nexus 5X I have a weird problem with my Gmail app. Whenever I receive a new email for an existing conversation, the notification in the top bar/lockscreen has the wrong text:

As text it shows my last reply in that conversation. It's really annoying because now I have to open all mails even if they only contain a "thanks" or whatever. Previously I was able to read such kinds of mails just through the notification bar and swipe them away.

I have two email accounts set up - one Googlemail and one Exchange account. It seems to happen for both accounts (currently not sure, but definitely for the Exchange account).

I didn't find anything regarding this problem with Google..

Thanks in advance.
    07-09-2016 12:08 PM
    Did you ever figure this out? Having the same problem on Nexus 6P
    12-02-2016 04:03 AM
    This has been driving me crazy for a while as well. Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? It basically renders gmail notifications useless in threads.

UPDATE: It appears that you can work around this by turning off threaded view in Exchange accounts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQues...tions_showing/

Not ideal since you lose the ability to follow conversations, but at least you get the correct notification.
    04-05-2017 12:51 PM