marshmallow update on galaxy j7

alexfromrio

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ok, here we go (was preparing myself mentally to have to put all my disappointment in words).

1 - First and most irritating problem: I always locked my screen with a pattern. Now I have to swipe a lock to GET to this pattern

(already discussed here, but visibly no solution for it
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-swipe-unlock-when-i-have-pattern-unlock.html
)

2 - My weather widget is now ridiculously small. Can't make it go back to its usual size.

3 - I use my phone much more like a tablet than as a phone (for talking and texting, I have a Nokia Asha 210, as I hate touchscreen keyboards in general, and to write here, I am using a normal desktop). One of the things I use the most is listening to music and I use the folder player app a lot. On that app, because Android 6 re-names your SD card into some weird random numbers, it took me a while to find out how to simply open the app and be already on the folder I was listening to, and not at some root folder. Ok, at least I've solved this one. But still don't know why my SD card has to be called 6565992929 or whatever.

4 - My phone is not rooted and I know I won't be able to move all my apps to SD card (common Android old problem). Before, if I went to application manager, I could only "move to SD card" and unless an app was greyed out, it would go. Now, I have to go to storage, click on it and choose between internal memory and SD card, sometimes it works (after having to click twice on two more screens that didn't exist before), sometimes it says "insufficient storage space" (my SD card is not even 20% full).

5 - When I sleep, I put the phone on flight mode. Before, I could reach flight mode by pressing the button on the right side. Now I have to pull down the tab and find the flight mode button there, together with all the wifi, location, mobile data, etc... why make it easy when you can complicate, isn't it? :-(

Let me see if I come across any other that I forgot.

The one good point: now I have a flashlight option as standard, so flashlight apps are unnecessary. Yeah... something I use once a year, but...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke