Dropped galaxy s6. Screen will only work for a few moments and then go blank and flicker.

Marvin-13

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

My dad dropped his galaxy s6 and there are some small cracks on the top right of the front panel and then some bigger cracks on the bottom left of the front panel, with a small part of the (whatever the colored thing directly under the glass is called) exposed.

When I push the power or the home buttons, the screen will flicker on and off with what looks like purple, green, and white lines. Sometimes the top half will flicker, sometimes the bottom half, and sometimes the entire thing. Other than the flickering, the screen remains black and will not turn on.

The lights for the back and recent apps and notification light still work, along with all the physical buttons.

I thought that the screen might have been damaged, but there are random, brief moments where the screen will fully come back on and then go back to black and flickering after a moment.

I have tried restarting it by pressing and holding the power and volume down buttons and I know for sure that it is restarting because sometimes the boot-up screen will be visible if it decides to actually work at that moment.

Is there anything else I can do? Because I know for a fact that the actual screen is still 100% in tact.

Thank you!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
There is a remote chance that the digitizer cable is not making full contact after the fall. The only way to know, would be to disassemble the phone and check that cable. I would recommend taking to a service center, as you can damage your phone if you're not careful.

If the cable is intact, then I'm afraid your LCD/Digitizer is bad.

Chris