Verizon's Response to my LG G4 Boot Loop

A

AC Question

My boot loop issue started 10 July. Went to Verizon last night. Guy at the store was awesome help. However, we got on the phone with tech support and then customer service. Supposedly I was talking to the "manager" and "highest person there". He said that due to the LG G4 being out of stock, they would provide me with a COMPARABLE model of the Samsung S5. He said it's based on RAM, memory, etc. WTF!!!!! Not only is the S5 older, but it's not even comparable on specs. It's more comparable to the LG G3. I asked about the Samsung S6 or iPhone 6S, which came out before the G4. Got told NO. I asked about canceling the contract on the G4 and I would buy a brand new phone and starting a new contract. Got told NO.

So, to sum up the story, I said I would wait until Thursday for them to call me to see if they get a G4 in. Screw that!! I went home and found all the spec for the LG G3, G4, G5; Samsung S5, S6, S7; & iPhone 5S, 6, 6S. I'm going back tonight. Guy at the store said he would make it his personal mission to help me not get screw over by them.

I'll post how it works out later. Good luck to everyone else out there with this issue too.

thomasfuller1234

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
So here's my "resolution". Same guy at Verizon store helped me. He did most of the talking for me! He talked with the manager at customer service, different guy, go figure. Explained to him my issue and the previous solution, as mentioned above. In the end, MIRACULOUSLY, they found a LG G4 to send me. "The system probably wasn't updated to reflect any in stock when you called yesterday." SSSUUURRREEE!!! Where the hell they pulled it out of their ***, I would really like to know.
Anyway, they are sending me a refurbished G4 that supposedly doesn't have the boot loop issue. We'll see how long that lasts.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So here's my "resolution". Same guy at Verizon store helped me. He did most of the talking for me! He talked with the manager at customer service, different guy, go figure. Explained to him my issue and the previous solution, as mentioned above. In the end, MIRACULOUSLY, they found a LG G4 to send me. "The system probably wasn't updated to reflect any in stock when you called yesterday." SSSUUURRREEE!!! Where the hell they pulled it out of their ***, I would really like to know.
Anyway, they are sending me a refurbished G4 that supposedly doesn't have the boot loop issue. We'll see how long that lasts.

For a second I thought this was my friend typing this. He had bootloader on Friday and I told him what it was and there's no way to fix it and he went to Verizon and they sent him a phone (they didn't have any in Stock so he had to wait a few days) but it came two days later.

Unfortunately I think all g4's are affected.

Posted via the Android Central App