Is it possible to play Pokemon Go on Android 4.3

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Stardust that cannot update to 4.4. Also, it is not in CyanogenMod.

I just want to play Pokemon Go. If a root is necessary that is fine. Or if there is any apk or anything.

I've tried downloading a couple apks and I just get "There is a problem parsing the package"

Dejan194

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Pokemon Go requires Requires Android 4.4 and up. If you do not have the mentioned the app will not work. Sorry.

The only way to get it to work is to get Android 4.4 or better. If you are comfortable with doing it you need to make sure that your device will have enough resources to run the upgraded OS.

MrKetchup

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
This is what I passed through. I had Samsung Galaxy Note II for over 3 year now and had never updated the Android OS.
To play Pokemon, I finally did upgrade the software - but unfortunately the latest I could get was Android 4.3.
So now I looked for a hack and found that the game can easily be installed from APK file. Googled it and found it easily.
Now after downloading it the APK wont install - some parcing error always popping up. Again Google was at rescue. Someone in some forum suggested to use ASTRO file manager to locate the APK on device and install it. It worked!!!!
And now I had Pokemon Go on my Android 4.3.
Again, Google Account signon always killed the app and had a really tough time registering with Pokemon Trainers Club. After 2 days and numerous attempts I was finally registered.
Time to Play!!!
But the fun thing is.... the game dont work!!! I mean it loads easily - detects the location and shows the map on the game. And I have been running across my town for over 3 days and yet not a single Pokemon... And i thought that as mine is a small town, no pokemon stops around here.
But after 3 days I discovered that the game was working well on iPhones and other Android devices with 4.4 and higher OS.

So even though I was able to install it on 4.3 - it still does not work. I can roam around with the Phone and yet it wont give me any Pokemon to catch or any stops or any gyms and no other game features.

Hope that works for you though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane