Samsung Note 5 S pen has an issue with Magnetic Catch pouches.

A

AC Question

I purchased Samsung Note 5 leather case from Amazon.in, where the round magnetic piece which is hidden in the leather flap, the s pen does not write the lines and becomes a deadzone. I did not know this effect, took it to Samsung service centre and they seem to have done some thing and say it works OK. But soon after some time, I still notice that there is a dead zone.
I cut open the pouch and removed the magnetic discs and it works fine.
Please confirm if the note 5 has issues with magnetic pouches.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Magnets can affect the screen and cause dead zones... it's a known issue but not specifically related to only the Note 5. The problem is related to the magnets used in 3rd party cases being too strong. Many phones and tablets are designed to work with magnetic cases to turn on/off the screen when the cover is opened, but its best to stay with OEM cases, or those known not to cause issues. A lot of the time the damage caused is not permanent, so after removing the offending case/magnets, the screen returns to normal. In the case of the Note line, the S-pen uses a magnetic field layer... this is why your S pen was affected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown