Why does my in app sound shut off after receiving a text/email?

A

AC Question

When I am playing a game on my note 5, if i receive an email or text, the notification sound is played, but then I have no sound in the game. I have to restart the game in order to turn the sound back on. Is there a fix? Thanks! Note 5, Android 6.0.1 Verizon

Waffles0623

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
On android devices (at least yours and mine) notifications like messages and emails are programmed to conditionally silence your current app (in this case your game) and make the notification sound the primary noise so it is easier for you to register that you got a notification. As to why it is silencing your game until you reset it is puzzling to me, though. In order to solve this, I need more information. Is it happening with the same game or does it happen with other games? Have you tried adjusting media volume back up after the notification sound finishes? Finally, is the notification sound coming from an app that you downloaded for more sound effects? Answer these questions and next time I respond, I may be able to better help you.