I'm considering getting a Moto G4 Play or snagging a OnePlus X before they go out of stock. Would it be a bad idea to get the X when the Snapdragon 801 is so old? Then again, the G4 Play's Snapdragon 410 is the same chip from the 3rd gen G, so it's no spring chicken, either.

Are there other phones in this category I should consider, or is it just these two?

Which would you choose?

My current phone is a 1st gen Moto G, and I really like it--especially the size--but it's getting slow. I really don't want a gigantic phone and I'd prefer not to spend over $300 Canadian. I could tolerate a UI that isn't quite stock--as long as the back and recents buttons aren't switched. That would drive me up the damn wall. (I'm looking at you, Samsung.)

I don't need to buy immediately, so I can wait for the G4 Play to be released. But I'm asking now because if the X is my best option, time is running thin.

I appreciate any help or advice you can offer. Thank you.

P.S. I'm not sure if this is the best subforum to ask this. Please let me know if I should post it somewhere else.
    belodion likes this.
    07-13-2016 07:53 PM
    G4 Play does seem to be your best bet. I would say Xperia XA, but it's overpriced for what it is in my opinion. But if you're fine with spending more, go for it.

~Games, chocolate, and anime. Reasons to live for.
    07-23-2016 05:01 PM
    --as long as the back and recents buttons aren't switched. That would drive me up the damn wall. (I'm looking at you, Samsung.)
    Yes. That absurdly small but important detail is the one reason that I don't use Samsung. Nothing else. You'd think they'd make them customisable, but no.
    07-23-2016 06:02 PM