I was using my new phone fine for like 2 days and then whenever I would boot it up it would go to a screen that said it was encrypted and I needed to enter my password. So I tried my lockscreen pin and it worked but now I have to enter it every time. I have read that having it encrypted can effect performance and, since I put my phone through a lot all the time I can't afford anything slowing it down. I can't find a setting to turn it off can someone please help me? If I have to do a factory reset I need to know sooner rather than later because I am still initially settling it up and don't want to work on it anymore if I am just going to have to start all over again tomorrow.

I don't know if this whole thing has anything to do with a few minutes I spent trying to wrestle a case that was too small onto it. A lot of buttons got pushed and the screen got tapped. Small consolation, but I did get the case on it. I know I needed to be careful but I really needed a case until I can get one next month, and I tried to do it with the power off but it got turned on... It should survive at least one good drop. I hope.

I read as much as I could about encryption in general and I learned how to do it on a Samsung device but my phone was released pretty recently and I can't track the information down.

klear6
    07-13-2016 11:40 PM
    When you restart your phone, you do have to enter the pin, after that initial boot, just use your finger print scanner. The pin still comes up in case you don't scan your correct fingers or someone else tried to gain access.
    07-14-2016 06:47 AM
    It still wants the pin. It starts booting shows the T-Mobile logo then a screen that says "your phone is encrypted to decrypt your phone enter your lock screeni pin". So I enter it and press decrypt. Then It boots the rest of the way. It never said that it was encrypted before. I dont need it encrypted. How did I even get it encrypted?
    07-14-2016 03:42 PM