please explain how a smart watch works

A

AC Question

I am wondering if I can give my daughter a smartwatch that is connected to my android phone/ Galaxy S4. Could she text and make calls? She currently has her own phone but I would like to do away with it for security and usage reasons. All she needs it for is texting and phone calls if possible while texting is the most important.
I have no clue how these watches work, am completely new to it and would appreciate any feedback and advise. Perhaps which smart watch would work best with the galaxy s4 and if it makes sense.

Thank you so much!

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
That will not work with most smart watches.
If all you want is text and basic phone, the LG Urbane Second Edition would do that.
it's got it's own SIM and phone functions. All others only mirror what's on the phone they are paired to.

Sandra1023

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for letting me know before I fell into that trap .ATT has a good deal right now with buy a Galaxy phone and get the second one for free or buy a Galaxy phone and get the Samsung gear S2 watch free.
Can I get a separate line for the LG Urban so that the watch is not connected to my phone and my daughter can use it? I was hoping she could use a watch for texting and calling instead of a phone.

Thank you so much!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac