Hi,

Over the years, I have created several gmail accounts and now want to consolidate them. (ie: AccountA@gmail.com, AccountB@gmail.com).

I want to do the following:
    1. My phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) uses gmail account "B". I want to change it to gmail account "A" (the main account I want to use for everything Google related).
    2. I want to migrate everything from gmail account "B" (ie: my contacts, loaded apps, and anything else I use from the phone) to the new main account "A".

Can anyone provide some assistance with the above?

Thanks.
    07-15-2016 12:51 PM
    Export All your contact data from Gmail B then re-import it into Gmail A.
    For App, you will need to still have Gmail B associated with the phone, just don't allow the sync of contacts, etc.
    As far as I know, there is no way to move purchased apps from one account to another.
    07-15-2016 01:12 PM
    Thanks.

I only have 1 paid app on my phone. I am more concerned about when I get a new phone, my phone will automatically load all of the free apps I have installed via Google Play, so I don't have to manually do this.

So it sounds like I can do what I want to do.

-Jon
    07-15-2016 02:49 PM
    Yes, for all the free apps you can use the the Gmail B as a second gmail account on the phone and use it to sync apps. We use a shared gmail account as a secondary account in my house so we can sync across all devices. We don't have any contacts or anything and just use it for apps.
    07-15-2016 06:50 PM
    Thanks.

I will change my email address on the phone now that I moved over my contacts and then try to set up the second for the app sharing.

Many thanks for the help.
    07-17-2016 06:42 PM