Google Music: Songs are synced, but playlists are empty. Sync Experiencing Problems

A

AC Question

I got a Moto X Pure Edition and all of my apps and accounts synced successfully from my old Moto X 2nd Gen except for my Google Play Music app. In the accounts settings on my phone, it shows that everything is synced but when you look at the Google Play Music App it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems..." When I go to the app, all my music is there, but my playlists are empty, and some are even missing. I spoke with an Android support rep and we tried signing out of google on my phone, clearing data, uninstalling the music app's updates, refreshing the library, forcing a sync (resetting the time and date on phone) and nothing has worked. Again, I can still play my music, but my playlists are gone and it took a while to get them organized.

I've switched to new phones before, and I have never had this problem. The playlists on the web app are still there and have all the music, so I know it's not because playlists can't transfer from phone to phone. Before I switched phones, the playlists were there. Then I gave my old phone to a friend and we factory reset it and when I tried to log into the app on the old phone, it had the same problem.

My Moto X Pure Edition is running Android Marshmallow 6.0
Can anyone help me? Or does anyone know if the music app is currently experiencing problems for all phones?

ShishkyBob

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever get this resolved? I've been having the same problems with my phone (LG G4). For a while, no playlists would sync at all, though they showed up just fine on the web app. Now they're syncing but empty.