Xperia M2 Aqua wont start! Red light!

A

AC Question

Hello!

So I was playing Pokemon Go on my Xperia M2 Aqua and suddenly my phone starts to freak out and open my settings/drag down the notiflication screen even though I am not touching the screen. Soon after that it goes into a black screen and wont turn on. It is not overheating and the battery was on 60%. I did pour some water on it to cool it down around 20 minutes before this happened but I made sure all the slots were sealed properly.

I get home and try to restart it using the off button and tried to start it with power on + volume button but nothing happened. Charging did nothing either.

After maybe 10 minutes of charging a red light shows up and a "fat green line" on the screen shows up. I wasn't allowed to show a picture but the green line looks kinda like the flappy bird line :p and then the background is black.

I unplugged it and now I dont know what to do? Help is very much appreciated.
EDIT: It is now constantly humming/buzzing. Should I try to turn it on? Or charge it maybe?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Despite your precautions, some of the symptoms you describe are possible indicators of water damage. The overheating may also have done damage.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12