It's about time to upgrade my old GS/4 32Gb i337 running 5.0.1. Considering my upcoming options, I'm thinking the Note7 or new Nexus.

I'm not a fan of the edge displays so that may steer me towards a Nexus. It also appears that Samsung is beginning to sell unlocked phones.

A few questions, if I go Nexus, how do I set up a hotspot? I'm used to using the app that ATT includes in their skinned version of Android.

If Samsung makes a non-edge Note7, and sells an unlocked version, will that be essentially pure Android like the Nexus? If so, will Android/security upgrades still have to come from Samsung then through ATT?

While I've long been a fan of the SD card, give me enough onboard storage and I'll take a removeable battery instead! I don't swap phones that often and being able to easily swap in a fresh battery is a desirable option.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
    07-18-2016 07:53 AM
    Hi, regarding your first point - this would be better answered once the phone is released, so we have official steps for you to take in order to set up a hotspot. No point in telling you the steps the now, when the phone / software hasn't been released.

As for your second question, Samsung won't release a phone that runs stock Android. So if that's what you're looking for, then wait for the Nexus. As for software updates / security updates - nothing will be faster than Google / Nexus.

On your last point, I don't think either of the devices will support a removable battery.
    07-25-2016 03:15 AM