I have put my screen timeout to always on in settings but any time I plug into android auto it resets itself to 15 seconds. I can't read texts, email and web surf that fast. I have to keep tapping the screen to make it come on or go back into settings and change it every time I start a new phone session connecting to android auto. I have an LG G5. My G4 did not do this but LG says that it is an android thing being a third party app and cannot help me. Specifically how can the code writing engineers fix this? Will it be fixed with nougat? Only specific solutions please
    07-18-2016 10:08 AM
    Would be better within Android Auto if texts and emails were read to you, wouldn't you think? Maybe the screen timeout is a safety feature? I wonder if when the car is turned off the screen does not work normally without the timeout?
    07-18-2016 10:12 AM
    Having a similar issue. I get that it's a safety feature but, I would appreciate it if once Android Auto exits, the original screen timeout is restored.

I have my screen timeout set to 5 min. When I plug my phone in to my Android Auto enabled vehicle, the AA app launches automatically and the screen timeout is immediately set to 15 seconds. That's fine as I am pretty adamant about not using my phone while I drive anyway. But once I disconnect from AA, the screen timeout should be restored to 5 min or whatever other setting was in place before the app launches. It just seems to be sloppy programming rather than something that is intended.

But, I have taken to using Automagic as a workaround. I wrote a script that watches for AA to exit and then sets the screen timeout for me. This works more often than it fails but I never know when it works until my screen shuts off while I'm in the middle of reading an email.
    08-17-2016 02:12 PM