How to move apps to SD card on Android 6.0.1?

A

AC Question

Having trouble figuring out how to do this. My phone is the LG Stylo 2, and I tried several different apps. Have also tried formatting the card but the only option it gives me is to use it as portable storage and not internal storage. Please help. Not being able to move my apps to my SD card is really bugging me. Please and thank you very much.

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to AC! Press "Thanks!" if I helped you!
Go to an app - Storage - it should say internal storage - and press change.
At least that's how it works on samsung's oems.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

NelsonGonz16

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. But, unfortunately, it isn't as easy to move apps on this phone than on the Galaxy S7. Also, tube517, what kind of tinkering would I need to do? I seen it in a different forum on how to get adoptable storage on the first LG Stylo by tinkering with the adb and fastboot, but I want to be as careful as possible with this phone. So, any tips? Please and thank you very much.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Most apps don't want to be moved to an SD card.
Of the ones that allow it, only parts of them are moved. You don't gain much.
The SD card is great for storing your photos, music, videos, documents, etc. This will free up lots of internal space.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. But, unfortunately, it isn't as easy to move apps on this phone than on the Galaxy S7. Also, tube517, what kind of tinkering would I need to do? I seen it in a different forum on how to get adoptable storage on the first LG Stylo by tinkering with the adb and fastboot, but I want to be as careful as possible with this phone. So, any tips? Please and thank you very much.

I used this as a guide, it says g4 but I have a G3 and a Stylo and it worked for both.

Make sure you have experience and know what you are doing with ADB/Fastboot.

(I take no responsibility if you brick your device)

LG 4 Adoptable Storage Android M 6.0 . No Root - All