I have given permission for mock locations to be allowed in developer settings.

I am wondering is it possible to hide the fact that I have allowed mock locations to be used? If it is possible, can someone please explain how?

Say I have a geolocation app that will not work if it detects mock locations are being used, I need to work around that.

Any help would be appreciated!
    07-20-2016 05:47 AM
    Hi. What do you need this for? What're you trying to mock?
    07-20-2016 07:37 AM
    It's for Pokemon go. My little brother both broke his legs in a car crash a few weeks ago and is really sad about not being able to play. So I'm trying to organise this as a surprise for him.

I have the fake GPS locations, joystick etc but the app can detect if mock locations are allowed. That's what I need to hide. That fact that I have them switched on from dev options.
    07-20-2016 07:57 AM
    It's nice in theory, but I just don't see it being able to work. I believe the app uses the phones other sensors also, so you would also have to fool some of those. It's just too much work, it's just not practical. Perhaps you can find another fun game for him to play while laid up? Clash Royale, Candy Crush, (oldie but goodie) Trivia Crack, etc? His leg will heal and you guys can go pokemon hunting again then.
    07-20-2016 08:04 AM
    It is sad that happened to your brother but this is still against the game ToS.

https://www.nianticlabs.com/terms/pokemongo/en

Good luck!
    pkcable likes this.
    07-20-2016 08:10 AM