How to transfer Whatsapp images to laptop properly?

A

AC Question

Hi all,

I was transferring WhatsApp images from my Samsung Galaxy s6 to my laptop and experienced a problem. There were over 7000 images in the folder so I had to clear them for space on my phone.

I plugged the phone into laptop, located the folder on phone and cut it from the phone to laptop harddrive. When it was completed - for some reason there was still 800 files on the phone. So I cut and copy again and I accidentally clicked replace instead of rename because I thought all the files would have different names so I lost quite a few images. Just wondering why the pictures in the folder have the same filename even though the images were totally different. Even though I kept cutting everything there were images remaining after 3-4 times (800 the 1st time, then 400, then 100 etc..) and with the same filenames as the ones I already pasted onto laptop harddrive as well.

Sorry it may be a little confusing to understand, so I hope you understood what I meant.

Zphoc

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
This has happened to me too. Since you have so many images, they were probably split into different folders and since the pictures are named from date such as 20160701.jpg you would probably get duplicates in names. Be careful next time or transfer before the folder gets too large

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
When you want to get files from your phone to the computer, you should always do a "copy" not a "cut". This way you lose nothing if an error happens. After the copy is completed, then you can delete the files from the phone knowing that they are all on the computer safely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech