I have owned a Samsung Gear 2 smartwatch for some time and have enjoyed the features and benefits of wearable devices for tacking exercise, messages, and phone calls. During this time my Gear 2 has had about a 5 or 6 day battery life between charges. However, recently my Gear 2 will not last over 12 hours. The only changes I am aware of is that my Galaxy Note 4 phone had an Android update and the Gear Manager App plugins soon followed. Ever since all the operating updates my Gear 2 has sorry battery life. I have read previous battery issues and recent issues with the newest Gear S2 and tried to turn of notifications etc. While some improvement my Gear 2 will not last a full day.
    07-21-2016 08:33 AM
    Hi, did you manage to find a resolution to the above?
    07-26-2016 09:16 AM
    I would suggest clearing cache of the updated device. Let us know if that works.
    07-26-2016 09:18 AM
    I've had exactly the same problem. My issues started about 2-3 weeks ago. It took a couple of days to realise something was wrong. I thought that I'd just not put it on charge properly as I always get 3-4 days battery life and I've had it for over 2 years.

Sadly, it was not the case and it now last about 6 hours from a full charge. So I factory reset the watch - didn't help. I removed all the gear manager apps that I could (goproviders etc) and cleared the cache and data for the main gear app (which I can't fully remove as its a system app on my S7). I reset the watch again well for good measure but still the same poor life. So I tried turning off bluetooth on the watch, and the pedometer off and also turning down the screen to minimum but it still drained in a few hours.

At this point and because the drain was still happening with bluetooth off, I decided that it must be the battery. So I ordered a new one and installed it but its just as bad!!

Its only stumbling across this thread that I remembered that I too had an android and gear manager update just before the problems started. I guess this might be the culprit?

I have Gear 2 Neo on S7 Edge

Samsung Gear 2.2.16070451
    Gear Plugin 2.2.02.16033141
    Android 6.0.1

Gear Software Version R381XXU0BOA2

Does anyone have any ideas that might help resolve this?
    08-07-2016 03:22 PM